The New Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Where to Call and Ask Questions in English in Tokyo
If you develop a fever (37.5 °C or higher) or have respiratory symptoms (including mild cases) such as cough or difficulty breathing, or have been in close contact with a person who was confirmed to have COVID-19, or if you have lived or recently traveled to an area with ongoing spread, please consult with the consultation center (see below) before visiting the clinic, doctor or hospital.
What to Do If You are Worried that You May Have Coronavirus
Please read If you feel concerned about COVID-19. from Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
The Latest News about the Coronavirus
Please follow the latest information on these websites.
Ministry of Health Labour and Welfare
Tokyo Metropolitan Government
World Health Organization (WHO)
Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO)
You can learn about: Restricted area/Regions to enter Japan, Enhanced screening and quarantine measures, Airport landing /Ship transportation restrictions, Visa suspensions, Temporary Closure of Attractions in Japan.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (Japanese only)
Although the website is only in Japanese, you can see the warnings on each country. Click the country where you would like to see the information and check the color referring to the table below.
If you can read Japanese, the following page can be also helpful :
Embassies in Japan
Where to Contact Regarding the New Coronavirus
In Tokyo, there are several call centers where you can ask questions about the new coronavirus (COVID-19) in English.
The Coronavirus Hotlines (Call Centers) in English in Tokyo
- 1) Call Center operated by Tokyo metropolitan government
- Open: 9:00 - 21:00 / Everyday
- TEL: 0570-550-571
2) Tokyo Coronavirus Support Center for Foreign Residents (TOCOS)
- Open: 10:00 - 17:00 / weekdays
- English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Nepali, Indonesian, Tagalog, Thai, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Cambodian and Burmese
- TEL: 0120-296-004 (Toll free)
- 3) The Japan National Tourism Organization
- Open: 24 hours / Everyday
- English, Chinese, Korean
- TEL: 050-3816-2787
- 4) Bureau of Social Welfare and Public Health Tokyo
- Open: 9:00 - 20:00 / Everyday
- English, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Spanish
- TEL: 03‒5285‒8181
5) AMDA Medical Information Center
English, Spanish, Portugal, Korean, Chinese, Filipino, Thai, Vietnamese
Consultation in English 1
Weekdays (10:00 to 17:00)
Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays (10:00 to 15:00)
Consultation in English 2
Weekdays (10:00 to 17:00)