English Speaking Ophthalmologists (Eye Doctors) in Tokyo

Poste date: Tuesday, January 25, 2022

In Japan, if you would like to have prescription glasses, you do not have to visit an eye doctor because you can order glasses at a glasses store however, if you have problems with your eyes or would like to have a consultation, you would need to visit an ophthalmologist (eye doctor). There are several eye clinics where they speak fluent English in Tokyo and Yokohama.

If you would lik to learn about prescription glasses, please read "How to Buy Prescription Glasses and Contact Lenses in Japan".

English-Speaking Ophthalmologists in Tokyo

Below is a list of English-Speaking eye doctors in Tokyo with English website.

Hangai Eye Clinic Ginza

3-3-13 Ginza,Chuo-ku, Tokyo

Ikebukuro Sunshine Street Eye Clinic

5F,1-5-6 Higashiikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyohttps://www.ikec.jp/english/​​

Kato Eye Clinic

Daigai bldg. 5F, 2-3-2 Dogenzaka
Shibuya-ku, Tokyo

Minami Aoyama Eye Clinic

Renai Aoyama Building 4F
3-3-11 Kitaaoyama,
Minato-ku, Tokyo

Musashi Eye Clinic in front of Kaminoge station

1-14-1, Kaminoge,
Setagaya-ku, Tokyo

Shinagawa East Medical Clinic

Shinagawa Intercity B, 2nd Floor, 2-15-2 Konan
Minato-ku, Tokyo

Shinjuku-Higashiguchi Eye Clinic

Hulic Shinjuku Building 9F, 3-25-1, Shinjuku
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo

Stars Eye Clinic

Daini-Horiuchi Building 4F, 2-11-15 Akasaka
Minato-ku, Tokyo

English-Speaking Ophthalmologists in Yokohama and Yokosuka

Yokohama Tsurumi Chuo Eye Clinic

1-2-4, 5F, Tsurumi Chuo, Tsurumi-ku,
Yokohama-shi, Kangawa

Kinugasa Chuo Eye Clinic

2F Kinugasa Katsumi Clinic building2, 8-20-8 hirasaku,
Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa

Yokosuka Chuo Eye Clinic

3F RIDORE The Tower Yokosuka Chuo, 2-9 Otaki-cho,
Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa

Other English-Speaking Doctors and Hospitals 

If you are looking for other doctors and hospitals, please refer to "English Speaking Doctors & Hospitals in Tokyo".

  • English-Speaking Therapists, Psychiatrists and Psychologists in Tokyo

    Psychologists and psychiatrists in Tokyo cover a wide variety of mental health issues that can arise from working or living in a new country. Find the right therapist for you needs with this guide.
  • How to Buy Prescription Glasses and Contact Lenses in Japan

    In Japan, you don’t have to go to an eye doctor to get prescription glasses made. Visit any prescription glasses store (optician), take their free eye examination, and get your prescription glasses made the same day.
  • COVID-19 - Where to Ask Questions in English in Tokyo

    If you develop a fever or have respiratory symptoms (including mild cases) such as cough or difficulty breathing, or have been in close contact with a person who was confirmed to have COVID-19, or if you have lived or recently traveled to an area with ongoing spread, please consult with the consultation center (see below) before visiting the clinic, doctor or hospital.
  • Where to find OTC medicines in Japan

    Over-the-counter ( OTC ) medicine is easier to find in Japan than you think. Here are some popular pharmacies that you can easily find, along with useful Japanese phrases and commonly used OTC medicines and the ailments they help alleviate.
  • Childbirth in Tokyo: Maternity Hospitals and Clinics for Expats

    Many options are available to foreigners giving birth in Japan. Maternity care in Japan is offered through a variety of institutions including large hospitals, small specialized maternity clinics, and midwife practices that emphasize natural birthing. Maternity hospitals with English-speaking staff are listed below.
  • Medical Emergencies in Tokyo: How to Communicate in Japanese

    Getting sick or experiencing an unexpected medical emergency in a foreign country like Japan can be scary, especially if you’re not proficient in the local language. In this guide is some basic Japanese you can use in the event of a medical emergency.