realestate-tokyo.com

PLAZA HOMES

  • My Listings
  • 03-3583-6941
  • Email
  • OPEN EVERYDAY
  • Mon. - Sat. 9:00am - 8:00pm
  • Sun. & Holidays 9:00am - 6:00pm(JST)

Tokyo maintains its position as a metropolis for the HQs even after the earthquake disaster

Post: Saturday December 10, 2011

investment in tokyo

 

The result of a survey of general companies and real estate investors on the impacts resulted from the Great East Japan Earthquake conducted by a major foreign real estate company was announced.  The surveys were conducted twice.  The first one was done right after the earthquake in March and another one was conducted in October 2011.   The 191 general companies responded regarding the strategies for the business base location whereas the 70 real-estate investors responded regarding the real estate investment strategies.

 

For the questionnaire regarding the future HQ strategies for the companies that currently have a headquarter in Tokyo, 78.3% responded that they’ll stay where they are now and 13.3% marked that they’ll maintain the present functions in Tokyo, although they’d consider moving to another property in the future.  The total of 91.6% responded to keep the HQ itself as well as its functions in Tokyo.  On the other hand, 7.7% marked to seek another location for a backup purpose.  None chose the choice to spread the functions of the company.  Further, only one company marked to move away from Tokyo.

The result reassured and indicated how strong the centripetal force of Tokyo is.

 

As far as the investor’s scope for investment in offices in Tokyo are concerned, 33% marked “keen” or “interested” in Tokyo Bay area, which increased from 21% last time.  The interest in the neighboring area also increased from 39% to 58%.  Over 80% continued to mark “keen” or “interested” in central Tokyo area, which indicated persistent strong interests among the investors.

 

Further, for the questionnaire regarding the level of impact that the Great East Japan Earthquake caused in real estate investments and managements, 67% responded to either “hardly any impact” or “impact was less than expected”.  It reaches 94% if the response to “as expected” is to be included.

This entry was posted in Real Estate News, Earthquake resistant, Market Info.

Categories

Tokyo Living Info. for Expats

Great range of expat-friendly rental apartments and houses in central Tokyo and its suburbs.

Tokyo Living Guide for Expats

Tokyo Area Guide

General descriptions of popular expat areas including photos and maps. 

Tokyo Area Information for Expats

Expat Housing in Tokyo

Great range of expat-friendly rental apartments and houses in central Tokyo and its suburbs.

Rental Apartments & Houses for Expats

Buying Properties in Tokyo

Everything you need to know to succeed in the Japanese Real Estate Market. For Residential & Investment.

Properties for Sale in Tokyo

Rental Apartment - Roppongi Hills

High-grade residential complex in Roppongi Hills. Full facilities and ample reception s...
Plan: 1 BR + 1 Bath - 4 BR + 3.5 Bath
Rent: JPY330,000 - JPY3,570,000

Roppongi Hills Residence

Rental Apartment - Hiroo, Motoazabu

Low-rise, luxury apartment that has rich greenery. It is the first property in Japan t...
Plan: 4 BR + 3.5 Bath - 5 BR + 3.5 Bath
Rent: JPY2,200,000 - JPY2,500,000

Azabu Gardens

Calendar 2017のコピー
Cj バナー Englishのコピー
PLAZA HOMES Edited 4
Facebook SB