Post: Wednesday December 1, 2010
You may find roaches in your home especially in summer season.
Roaches will encroach wherever there is food.
They have survised for a long long time as they eat anything, and they get almost anywhere by using their flat body.
I found that roaches in Tokyo are small (average 3.5~4.5cm) but they move so fast, (sometimes they fly and come at you…) compare to the ones I used to see in Queensland, Australia; they were huge but slow…easier to catch…
In Japan, there are so many products to catch / kill roaches sold in supermarkets and drugstores.
Here are some useful and effective products I personally trust…
“Gokiburi Hoi Hoi” by Earth Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Trap type set of 5 ‘house’ 398 yen
You can just leave Gokiburi Hoi Hoi around kitchen area, between small gaps of kitchen cabinet and such, where the place can be the path of roaches. This product has a mat of sticky ‘smell of food’ thing in a ‘house for roaches’. Roaches come insde of the ‘house’, where yummy smell comes from. But once they get in, they are trapped! All you have to do is just check the ‘house’ sometimes and if there are any roaches trapped, you through away the whole thing. Easy.
“Goki Jet Pro” by Earth Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Aerosol Spray type 450ml 980 yen
This is the most effective product if you actually found a cockroach in front of you! There is a thin, long spray nozzel attached and by using that nozzle you don’t have to face much closer to a cockroach. Great injection effect kills target in a short time. Scent-free.
“Goki Earth Red“ by Earth Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Smoking agent type
6J – 8J (about 10 sq.m – 13 sq.m) 730 yen
12J – 16J (about 20 sq.m – 26 sq.m) 1,150 yen
18J – 24J (about 30 sq.m – 40 sq.m) 1,520 yen
30J – 40J (about 50 sq.m – 66 sq.m) 2,310 yen
*J = Jyo 1J is one tatami mat
This product is to sparge chemical in the whole room and kill cockroaches hiding behind kitchen and furniture.
[How to use Goki Earth Red]
- 1. Take out aluminium bag from the plastic container and open it, take out aluminium can from the bag. Do not take off the red sticker.
2. Pour water in a plastic container up to black dash line. Do not pour over the line.
3. Leave the plastic container in center of the room, then place the aluminium can in the plastic container. Face up the red sticker surface.
4. Put the ring-shaped lid on. Smoke/steam like chemical will start to come out in 1-2 minutes.
Please do not touch the can as it gets hot soon after you set up in water.
5. Please go outside of the room and close the door within 2 minutes. Do not go back in the room or open the door for at least 2 hours.
*Please be careful of mechanical errors in fire and smoke detectors.
Please cover your nose and mouth with a towel when you go back in the room, and open windows or leave the kitchen fan on for a while.
This product is harmless for pets, but I won’t recommend for a household with small children. Do not leave your pets in the room while this product is in use, of course. (You may find dead roaches after few hours up to few days…be warned!)
This entry was posted in Living Information